We are happy to help.
Your move-in checklist is a quick guide to make sure you have everything covered to help you move into your new home.
1-2 months before:
- Decide who is going to help you move – professional or friends?
- Now is a great time to throw out what you don’t need.
- Start collecting boxes and newspapers.
- Start packing items that you don’t use every day.
1-5 days before:
- Finish off packing items and clearly label each box.
- Make sure you organise a vital supplies box – snacks, first aid kit, tea, coffee, sugar, kettle, loo rolls, cleaning stuff etc..
- Arrange for your post to be forwarded.
- Empty fridge/defrost freezer leaving just last minute supplies.
- Label relevant keys (of the property you are leaving) ready for the last day.
- Plan what to do with all valuables e.g: cash/credit cards, mobile phone, passports.
- Disconnect appliances and make them safe for moving.
Moving day checklist
- Confirm arrangements for handover of keys.
- Ensure your solicitor can get hold of you by phone.
- Take final meter readings and keep this information in a safe place.
Enjoy your new home
- Unpack the most important things first. The kettle is always a good place to start!
- Take photos of the water, electricity and gas meters and keep them safe.
- Prioritise setting up your bed so you can jump in it later.
- Now go and enjoy your new home!