Can I sublet my home or have a lodger?

You can't let out your home and live somewhere else as this would go against your tenancy agreement and be classed as tenancy fraud, and this applies to all of our tenancies as well as shared ownership. However, if you're an assured tenant you may be able to take in a lodger.

A lodger is someone who pays to use a room in your home and share your facilities, such as your kitchen and bathroom. If you want to take in a lodger, you need to inform us in writing before they move in.

We've got lots more information about lodgers, including what your responsibilities are, here.

Did you find this information useful?

Your feedback will be submited upon pressing the button

thumbs up
thumbs down

Thank you for your feedback

Do you still need help? Contact Us