Do I need buildings insurance?

In most cases, we're responsible for insuring the structure of your home against major risks such as fire, flood, subsidence, and storm damage.

However, our insurance does not cover the cost of replacing elements that are damaged as a result of 'wear and tear' or your contents.

For some of our older shared ownership homes, you may be responsible for your own buildings insurance. If you're not sure if this applies to you, an easy way to check is to see if you're being charged for it in your service charges.

We are responsible for buildings insurance for all of our rented properties.

You can learn more about insurance for your home by clicking here.

Did you find this information useful?

Your feedback will be submited upon pressing the button

thumbs up
thumbs down

Thank you for your feedback

Do you still need help? Contact Us