Before you leave we will carry out a pre-termination inspection to assess the condition of the property and garden. We will then tell you what work you need to do before you move out. We will record this in writing and take photographs. We will charge you for anything you don’t put right before you move out or for any damage we find afterwards. The most common recharges are for:
- replacing damaged internal doors
- removal of belongings that have been left
- garden rubbish and overgrown gardens.
What you need to do:
- The property must be completely clear, including all furniture, debris, food stuffs etc and white goods. Carpets and floor coverings can be discussed with the lettings officer at the pre termination inspection.
- The property must be thoroughly cleaned including all floors.
- Gardens must be cleared of rubbish and left tidy. The grass must be cut to a reasonable length, hedges cut back (and cuttings removed) and pathways clear.
- Garden furniture and children’s play equipment must be removed.
- All window keys must be left in the property and all sets of front and back door keys/fobs must be returned.
- You must put right any decorations in a poor condition, or unfinished, before vacating the property.
- All personal fixtures and fittings must be removed.
- Kitchen units must be intact. Worktops must be clean and damage free.
- All doors must be in place, damage free, fit correctly and have working
Our lettings team can advise on all of these items at the inspection visit.