Electricity: The dos and dont’s
- Do it yourself! DIY wiring can lead to electrical parts overheating, which can cause electric shocks, fires and death.
- Overload sockets. Plugging too many devices into one socket and using multiple extension leads can lead to overheating and cause fires.
- Allow electrical testing to take place. Regular checks are the best way to make sure electrical installations are safe and to spot potential problems before they become a danger.
- Buy reputable electrical goods. Cheaper, unofficial electrical products, such as phone chargers, may not meet safety regulations and could cause a fire.