Caring for your new kitchen or bathroom
We hope you are pleased with your new kitchen and/or bathroom and will enjoy them for many years to come.
Your new kitchen and/or bathroom has been designed to avoid staining from most household spillages, so general cleaning of the surfaces only requires a damp cloth and warm soapy water. But, here are some tips to keep them looking in good condition.
- Never cut directly onto the worktop surface
- Always use a chopping board when preparing food
- Never place items taken directly from the oven or hob onto the worktop
- Always use heat resistant mats on the surface of the worktop
- Take care with hot irons
- Wipe spillages as soon as possible and away from joints in the worktop
- To avoid scratching your sink, use a plastic bowl for washing up
- Wipe taps with a soft cloth
- Use a mild detergent diluted in warm water
- Never use abrasive cleaners as these will damage surfaces
- Avoid walking on your new flooring with high heels
- Use a floor cleaner to keep your new flooring looking good
- Avoid dragging appliances on your new flooring
- Never use steam cleaners on the units, worktops or panels.