Your repair responsibilities
Here are some of the typical things we get asked about whether it's your, or our, responsibility.
You are responsible for repairing the following:
- Battery powered door bells
- Curtain battens, coat hooks, rails and fixings
- Sink/bath chains and plugs
- Electrical faults arising from the use of faulty appliances
- Resetting trip switches - watch our how-to video here.
- Plugs, fuses, light bulbs, fluorescent tubes and starters (except in communal areas) - take a look at our how-to videos here.
- Minor plaster cracks, damage to internal decorations and other minor repairs of a similar nature
- Any appliance, structure or installation which was not supplied by Magna
- Replacement of additional locks and keys
- Arranging access to your home when keys are mislaid or left in the property.
- Blocked sinks, basins, baths and toilets - take a look at our how-to videos here.
- Dealing with minor pest problems inside your home and in your garden
- Treating minor mould growth (unless the problem results from rising or penetrating damp or pipe leaks). Read our information on damp and mould here.
- Relighting boilers and bleeding radiators - take a look at our how-to videos here.
- Smoke alarms/detectors: where supplied it is your responsibility to check that they are in working order, including the replacement of batteries (except in sheltered housing) - take a look at our how-to videos here.
- Connecting and disconnecting washing machines, dishwashers, cookers and telephones.
- Arranging for the correct venting of tumble dryers
- Clearing leaves from gully grids
- Replacing toilet seats
- Repairing or replacing toilet roll holders
- Replacing broken or cracked glass / windows where no police crime report number has been obtained
- Any damage caused by you, a member of your family or a visitor to your home
- Checking room thermostat is set at the correct temperature
- Checking heating programmer is set at the correct time settings
This is not a complete list but an indication of the types of repairs we expect you to deal with. Please contact us if you have any questions.