What is mystery shopping?
A mystery shopper is a person posing as a real customer assessing customer service levels provided by a company. The mystery shopper provides feedback on their experience. In Magna, instead of paying an external company to provide a mystery shopping service, we use our own customers to do this.
This helps us to see how our service is being delivered from a customer’s point of view.
Mystery shopping at Magna was set up in 2009. We now have 48 resident mystery shoppers. This includes residents, shared owners and lease holders.
Although the identity of the shoppers needs to be a mystery, the work that they do doesn’t.
Mystery shopping may involve:
- Making telephone calls
- Sending emails (some through our website)
- Using Magna’s website
- Visiting reception areas at offices
Here are some of the things they have been involved in this year so far (in no particular order!):
- Estate inspections in Dorset and Somerset
- Checking the service and standards at our offices
- Reviewing the Magna website
- Reviewing the draft editions of Opendoor
- Providing feedback on draft policies before they are considered by our Board.
- Checking service standards
- Asking the legal department about right to buy
- Reality checks (feedback on a genuine interaction with anyone at Magna)
- Review of forms used within Magna
- Inspecting void properties before they are relet